How to make a shotgun ammo?

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Jedijds

How to make a shotgun ammo?

Postby Jedijds » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:31 pm

Just wanted to know some things about making gun ammo, like a shotgun shell. I know how to make a normal bullet but a shotgun shell spreads many little pieces out, and each piece flies in a random direction. First how do you make the shotgun shot and all its little pieces, and how do you get it to spread out? Second how do you get bullets from a machinegun to randomly move out of its aimed place when firing fully-auto?
۞◄█°‖‖‖‖‖█ʭʭ╬(░▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Jedijds

Postby Jedijds » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 am

Could anyone help me with this please? Or post a video on how to create the shot pieces not the gun or the shell?

OTO

Postby OTO » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Hello
that's a quite amount of work to satisfy all your requests, so, it's better to skip this, in my opinion!
When finished, you can always polish the details...if you still have the courage!
Bye

Jedijds

Postby Jedijds » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:47 pm

Sorry I was refering to the bullet not the shell it self, sorry. Well could you atleast tell me how to make a bullet swerve in random directions?

OTO

Postby OTO » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:31 pm

"how to make a bullet swerve in random directions"
Well, the basic procedure is to use the "Add Object Actuator"
Do you know how to use it?
Then, to make bullets go in different directions...maybe animating the empty used to "add" the "bullet" object?
Bye

Jedijds

Postby Jedijds » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:40 pm

Ok, I think i get it. So as the animation plays, what ever position its in when fired, then it will fire like that? OK Thanks. :D

Return to “Interactive 3d”