Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon dev mailing list

PK

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:56 am
I would like to start contributing to the Blender project. Is there a dev mailing list? Are there people who have worked on the kernel or the Mozilla project that can help get the infrastructure going for a succesful project?

What needs to be done, and how can I help?

ton

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 4:04 pm
PK wrote:
I would like to start contributing to the Blender project. Is there a dev mailing list? Are there people who have worked on the kernel or the Mozilla project that can help get the infrastructure going for a succesful project?

What needs to be done, and how can I help?

We have one maillist up now, but that's temporal for a few developers here (people using different platforms, and who managed to get Blender compiling) to discuss the code and makefile reorganisation, to make Blender more out-of-the-box compile & run.

In the meantime we will move to a new, much more powerful server (this week) which allows us to add a lot of services here. For this we're seeking for more feedback as well, Blender is a *huge* project, and we have to find the right way for many people to work at this together.

On this topic, I'll post an article soon, with a proposal and roadmap.

BTW: We still have to put a lot of ex-NaN stuff online as well. The bug/feature system, the old CVS server + webCVS, docs & demos...

Jump to: