I have added the Python plugin B3DExport (version 3.0). When I export my model there were 1582 triangles and 3916 vertices. Assuming my model was somehow odd or corrupted, I tried the basic cube. This exports as 12 triangles (correct) but 24 vertices. So again the vertices seem to explode on export with multiple entries for what is essentially the same vertex.
Does anyone have any solution to this?
Sounds like a limitation of your plugin.
I am writing a B3D to MS3D converter (because my game runs with MS3D models and animation already coded in)
The Blender B3D Exporter addon is shown as author Diego Gandaldf Parisi with a web page that leads nowhere. So it looks as if the author has moved on.
In the meantime, I would like to see if any Python fixes exist or if there are other ways around this before I try to change my program.
Just to clarify the workflow...
[Blender model plus animation ] -> [Blender addon B3DExporter] ->[my converter B3D to MS3D]
then the MS3D models with skeletal animation are added to my game.
From the symptoms, somewhere along the pipeline, someone is exporting individual verts for each face rather than using Blender's vert list.