Bubbles in blender...

An open space where people who use Blender in an academic environment can share progress and the typical problems and needs of academic environments.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

chon

Bubbles in blender...

Postby chon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:07 pm

Hello everybody.

First, thank for all of the community to devellop this very nice and powerfull software.

In my lab, i work about Foams and Bubble and one part of my work consist of light simulation across a bubble network like this:

Blender work good with a transparency material and one IOR, but now, i try to work with 2 IOR, different than air, at the interface. And have problem to simulate picture.

So, i like to know, if it's possible to explain me how i can have a good raytracing at interface. How see you a ball in a glass empty with water?

Thanks for your futur answer

ps: sorry for the picture, i can't resized it.

ldo

Postby ldo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:59 am

If you want a glass ball submerged in water, I think you’ll have to make a cavity in the water enclosing the glass ball.

Alternatively, the new Cycles renderer may handle this better, I’m not sure.

chon

Postby chon » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:57 am

ldo wrote:Alternatively, the new Cycles renderer may handle this better, I’m not sure.

I try to change of render engine, i use now YaFaRay. and it's very better!!! ^^'

For the cycle render, i don't try it but i thnik it's possible to have good resuts too.

Thx for the Answer.

chon

Postby chon » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:49 am

@Ellice: mmh... you have take a mistake: its the wrong subject for your post...

Return to “Academic & Research”