Carve CSG Build on Mac

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

alinakipoglu

Carve CSG Build on Mac

Postby alinakipoglu » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:39 pm

Hi,

Im trying to build Carve CSG on Mac Lion with CMAKE. I tried many many things but have no success on building this library. They have some instructions distributed with source files but its not clear for me or maybe i lack at that knowledge.

Im very sorry, i know its not directly related to Blender usage but currently the only project i know uses this library is Blender. Thought it would be nice to ask you guys how you did :)

May aim its to use CMake to build universal library with i386;x86_64 architectures . I also have universal boost build on my system.

Can you share what steps will be required to build this library with this settings?

Thank you

stiv

Postby stiv » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:30 pm

If you have the error log from the compiler, maybe someone can help you here (remember: the FIRST error is the important one)

Or if you have access to IRC, the #blendercoders channel on freenode.net is a good place to get compiling help. (usually daytime in euro-land)

alinakipoglu

Postby alinakipoglu » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:49 pm

Hi,

Thank you so much Stiv.

Today, after delving deeper into Blender sources i found that somehow my build was not able to output config.h and gnu_cxx.h as in Blender. I manually copied that files into included headers then i got a successful linkage :)

Now im trying to understand the library, again i hope Blender implementation will be a great resource to understand how one can implement it efficiently.

Of course i will also try #blendercoders IRC channel for further research.

Thank you again,

Ali.

Return to “Coding Blender”