Wish List (it had to be done)

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Mongoos

Postby Mongoos » Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:20 pm

This biggest time killer in Blender is having to subdivide edges. It would most helpful to have a slice tool like Maya/ lightwave. or hell, I would settle for a slice plane like Max's.

Would like to be able to zoom with the Blender standard ctrl mddl mouse in the UV editor. It's really hard to align UV's when you have your monitor set at a high resolution. :twisted:

and yes, a more functional UNDO would be nice.

Note, these are wishes, Blender kicks some searious butt. I can't believe it's free.

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:15 pm

Mongoos wrote:Would like to be able to zoom with the Blender standard ctrl mddl mouse in the UV editor. It's really hard to align UV's when you have your monitor set at a high resolution. :twisted:

Ever tried pressing +/- ?

z3r0_d

Postby z3r0_d » Sat Dec 14, 2002 2:03 am

Mongoos wrote:This biggest time killer in Blender is having to subdivide edges. It would most helpful to have a slice tool like Maya/ lightwave. or hell, I would settle for a slice plane like Max's.

Ever tried extruding while holding control (snaps the movement to grid), moving the newly-created verticies, selecting the ones you moved, and moving them back (holding control again)?

like seen here (shameless self-plug)
http://www.geocities.com/z3r0_d/bThought0.html

Scroll down, and click the First and Last buttons. Is that the effect you want?

(javascript required, caching will be difficlult, if I feel like it I may improve the way this is presented)

Me? What would I like to see in the next release?
PYTHON FOR EVERYTHING
vertex keys
vertex groups
armatures
particle motion

gargola

Postby gargola » Sun Dec 15, 2002 7:26 am

meb1617 wrote:I think there should be some preprogrammed particle systems like rain, fire. and some others

now that's a good one! :D

and since the game engine is what i use most on blender...it would be good to add a saving and loading system for games.shadows in the game engine and the particles system. :D :D

ilac

Postby ilac » Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:01 pm

:idea: Something I've sometimes felt would be handy is the ability to numerically imput the position of the 3d cursur - maybe by pressing NKEY when nothing else is selected or pressing NKEY+SHIFT?

Haunt_House

Postby Haunt_House » Tue Dec 24, 2002 3:07 pm

orest wrote:I don't know how difficult is implementing undo,
Some easy incremental-svaving and loading buttons simulating a real undo would be helpful
and easier to implement for the beginning.

1st feature:

If you pull down the information window on top of the 3d window, You'll see a button called 'auto temp save' :wink:

2nd feature:

if you are in the save dialog, press the Plus (or minus) key.
you'll save with an incrementing version number. :wink: :wink:

ilac: why not creating something, no matter where the cursor and then setting it with Nkey? (works for objects, handles vertices...)

have fun

HH

Unreality

Postby Unreality » Sat Jan 11, 2003 12:56 pm

-Face and edge selection (point selection sucks at complex models :( )
-Undo!
-Export to raytracers for rendering ( I don`t like plugins...)
-Boolean tools (substractions etc...)
And bend tool would be nice too :)

EDIT: And maybe explode tool

C-quencR

Postby C-quencR » Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:35 pm

I like the toonlike Edge-Rendering. Maybe you can improve this option? I think it would great if you could link the Edge-Rrendering to materials so that only those materials will get edges which were marked as "Toon-Edge Materials"? Is that possible? I've noticed that Edge-Rendering option has its problems with some very detailed meshes.

hypereyes

Postby hypereyes » Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:11 pm

I have just recently started using Blender and am really enjoying it. Since I'm a programmer and not much of an artist, I enjoy noodling around with features, extending functionality, ...
My wish is for more extensive Python access to the Blender internals. I think this would encourage more people to produce new and interesting scripts. Also, this would provide a nice mechanism for prototyping new Blender features, experimentation, etc.

blengine

Postby blengine » Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:28 pm

hey i think this is my first post =D exxxcellent.....
i really really love blenders modeler.. its so user friendly... but rendering, i dunno, i think it lacks unless u spend alot of time setting up a crapload of lights or radiosity.... and the lack of refraciton/reflection/and caustics bum me out... yeah sure it can all be faked, but its so easy to tell theyre fake.. esp refraciton, that sh*ts hard to fake... some delicious realistic casutics/refraction and reflection would really make me drools forever...

id ask for raytracing but i dont think it would happen, so if not raytracing, how about some better environment mapping that outputs a real/or fairly real reflection on any object... and refraction, i dunno what realy to ask except please find a way to code this option into blender, fake or not =D

jesterKing
Site Admin

solid objects

Postby jesterKing » Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:55 am

Support for solid objects, so it would be easier to export them to tracers that work with solid bodies.

kaktuswasser

Postby kaktuswasser » Fri Jan 31, 2003 2:14 pm

ok, another point: opengl-preview rendering from the commandline!
that would be really helpfull, cos you cant switch the window if you'Re rendering it right out of blender...
and another thing:
rendering of the z-informations, so that you can just select it in gimp and blur those areas and you get decent dof :)

cya henrik

Dani

Postby Dani » Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:21 pm

rendering of the z-informations

hi!

doesn't the format IRIS+Z-BUFFER do this already?
I don't know however how to use it with the GIMP

Dani

Coz

Postby Coz » Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:46 pm

I don't know if someone already wrote about this, but I would like to have a text editor window that acepts the function of the home, end, and delete keys like they do in windows(I say windows because I don't know if they working diferently in other OSs)

McGivrer

Python Syntax coloration

Postby McGivrer » Sat Feb 01, 2003 11:06 pm

It would be Fantastic to get Syntax coloration of the blenderknown and the Pythonknown keywords in the edit window. Is this feature ever been added in the Wish list ?

McGivrer.

Return to “Interface & Tools”