Armature won't work with locrot

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

CharlotteW

Armature won't work with locrot

Postby CharlotteW » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:15 pm

I'm trying to animate the armature on a basic human shape I have created but every time I go into pose mode, move the bones, select them all and then click 'i', it inserts a key frame but when I run the animation, the bones stay in this NEW position from the beginning of the animation until the end.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if you could help me solve it please?

Thanks in advance.

CoDEmanX

Postby CoDEmanX » Wed May 02, 2012 9:28 pm

i'm pretty sure this is intended. When inserting the first keyframe, the pose will be changed to this for the entire scene. But if you insert a second keyframe after the first with a different pose, it will become like this:

frame 1 to 1st keyframe: pose of 1st keyframe
frame after 1st keyfame to frame before 2nd keyframe: smooth transition
2nd keyframe to end: pose of 2nd keyframe

so the first step should be to insert a keyframe at frame 1 (LocRotScale), to start with the base pose (i believe you missed this)

if you wanna make the 1st frame's pose like the rest pose, set current frame to 1 on timeline, then click the menu of the 3d viewport: Pose > Clear Transform > All (or just rotation + scale, in case you wanna retain the location etc.). Finally, insert keyframe, e.g. LocRotScale
I'm sitting, waiting, wishing, building Blender in superstition...

Return to “Animation”