After pressing "P" i get just black and white!

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

oscar

After pressing "P" i get just black and white!

Postby oscar » Fri Oct 25, 2002 2:08 pm

Hi!
I am really new to the game engine fo Blender. I am working with version 2.25. Well the problem is that after following a very simple tutorial that moves a ball with the arrows keys, when I press the "P" key, to start the game, the 3D windows just shows everything in black and white. What is wrong?

Thanks....Oscar

Bandoler

Postby Bandoler » Fri Oct 25, 2002 2:15 pm

This kind of questions should go to the elysium forums. This if for development OF the game engine.

However, the problem is that you should activate the vertex colring for the meshes to heve colors in the game engine, or to use textures. Take a look at a tutorial called "get rid of the PINK!". I don't know the address, but it's easy to find with google.

(Bandoler)

gorgan_almighty

Postby gorgan_almighty » Mon Oct 28, 2002 10:50 am

xintoc

Postby xintoc » Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:12 am

I think this is a very stupid question. You don't have the models
textured...

ray_theray

Postby ray_theray » Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:57 pm

If you just want the objects to interact with light, select the object and go into face-select mode ( F Key ). Make sure all the faces are selected and press W. Now, under Set Tex, press Light. This will make the object receive light. Like xintoc said, if you want textured models you need to uv-map the textures. Oh, and make sure to press ALT-Z before you start the game - textures show up properly in this mode only.
________
-ray_theray

ray_theray

Postby ray_theray » Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:58 pm

If you just want the objects to interact with light, select the object and go into face-select mode ( F Key ). Make sure all the faces are selected and press W. Now, under Set Tex, press Light. This will make the object receive light. Like xintoc said, if you want textured models you need to uv-map the textures. Oh, and make sure to press ALT-Z before you start the game - textures show up properly in this mode only.
________
-ray_theray

Return to “Interactive 3d”