Converting to .3DS for Aurora 3D

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Converting to .3DS for Aurora 3D

Postby gonsec » Tue May 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Hi guys. I'm attempting an animation in a program called Aurora 3d Animation. The supported file types are thin to say the least. And I'm kind of new to this stuff. It does however support blender files.

I found a free model that I'm wanting to put into blender (one of many). It can be seen here: ... &id=216648

If you notice it does not have a .3DS option (which would be easy for me to put into Aurora). So I have to bring the file into blender, save it, and then inport it from Aurora 3d. Right?

I cant seem to open the file in blender. I have Maya, Showcase, 3DS Max, Solidworks and other programs. All of them have given me a hell of a time trying to open and convert this damn blower fan.

Any suggestions? I would love to just pop a .3DS model into Aurora because there are other models I want that do not come in .3DS format, but would be perfect for my animation. Can someone please tell me how to convert to .3DS or open in blender, save and import in Aurora 3D?

PS - supported 3D files in Aurora are .3DS, .OBJ, .X, .DAE, .XML, . ASE, .PLY, . DXF, .MS3D, .IWO, .IWS, .AC and .BLEND

Oh and by the way, that is a fantastic website with tons of free models. Converting them on the other hand...

Postby ldo » Wed May 09, 2012 11:39 am

Any documentation for the format?

Return to “Documentation & Education”