Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon I'm new and confused. Once I render animation how to use it?

terryleemartin

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:10 am
I'm very new to blender. I created a logo to use as the beginning of a video. You may have seen it before. The animated Fox movie Logo.
I created it and my computer spent the next 24 hours to render it. I can't for the life of me figure out how to now use it. I can't even figure out how to play back the animation after it was rendered. Embarassed
I want to place it at the beginning of a Adobe Premiere pro CS5 video project to begin the video.
I watched one youtube video that said you could use Windows Live Movie maker but there were no details of how to do it. Confused

Tehrasha

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:34 am
It would help to know what you rendered it as.

Did you render it as a video format, or is there a folder somewhere full of several hundred png files?

If the later, you can import the images into Movie Maker and have them exported as a video file in a specified frame-rate.

terryleemartin

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:24 am
Tehrasha wrote:
It would help to know what you rendered it as.

Did you render it as a video format, or is there a folder somewhere full of several hundred png files?

If the later, you can import the images into Movie Maker and have them exported as a video file in a specified frame-rate.

Hi, I'm sorry Embarassed I just noticed that I didn't include that information. I rendered it as an an NTSB 1080p file. In the folder I saved it to, it shows as a blender file and is 2.9mb. I tried to drag and drop that file into live movie Maker to see if it would work, but a window opened up that Movie Maker wasn't able to read this file.

Tehrasha

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:04 am
terryleemartin wrote:

Hi, I'm sorry Embarassed I just noticed that I didn't include that information. I rendered it as an an NTSB 1080p file. In the folder I saved it to, it shows as a blender file and is 2.9mb. I tried to drag and drop that file into live movie Maker to see if it would work, but a window opened up that Movie Maker wasn't able to read this file.

NTSC 1080p is the format (screen resolution and framerate)
Further down the rendering options will be a section labeled 'Output' that will tell what kind of file it will render to. The default is PNG.

It is possible that you have several hundred files hiding in C:/tmp unless you told it to render to a different directory.

The 2.9MB blender file is probably just the .blend file which you made.

ldo

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:14 am
Under the Render tab, there is an “Output” panel. Here you choose the directory to which to render animation frames, and the format. I would recommend sticking with a high-quality single-frame format, like PNG (or maybe OpenEXR for pro work). That way each frame of the animation is generated as a separate file.

Then use a separate tool to convert these frames into a more conventional movie format (MPEG or whatever) for distribution. That way you can tweak the conversion settings and redo the movie generation without having to redo the entire render.

terryleemartin

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:54 pm
ldo wrote:
Under the Render tab, there is an “Output” panel. Here you choose the directory to which to render animation frames, and the format. I would recommend sticking with a high-quality single-frame format, like PNG (or maybe OpenEXR for pro work). That way each frame of the animation is generated as a separate file.

Then use a separate tool to convert these frames into a more conventional movie format (MPEG or whatever) for distribution. That way you can tweak the conversion settings and redo the movie generation without having to redo the entire render.

I appreciate all the help. I now understand much better what I am doing and I thank everyone very much.

terryleemartin

Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:53 pm
ldo wrote:

I appreciate the help. If I did want to have the software render it as a MPEG file how would I do that? I'm reasonably certain that I did as you explained above, and I assumed that I would just need to select MPEG in the output section, but after my render was done, I found 600 jpg images in my render folder. Obviously I did something wrong and missed a step someplace.

fsidney

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:46 am
It would depend on what video format you are going to apply and use for the rendered animation. You either have to use a video editing software or a conversion one so that you could implement them on any of the video playback programs available. That would depend on what you need actually so you should set it up just right.

smolek

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:16 pm
ldo wrote:

Thanks alot Smile

Jump to: