Multiple Lamps and Keyframes

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

liamwilt

Multiple Lamps and Keyframes

Postby liamwilt » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:08 pm

How does one select multiple lamps and manipulate their energies simultaneously over the course of several keyframes?

For instance, I have 10 lamps and 10 Key Frames. At key frame 1, I would like the energy of each lamp to be set to 0. At key frame 10, I would like the energy of each lamp to be set to 10. In between, I would like the lamps to increase in energy simultaneously as well.

So, I know I can go through and select them individually to have this occur, but, how might I select all lamps at once and alter their energies at the same time. I already attempted the "select all lamps" option, but, changing the energy only changed the energy of the initial lamp selected.

Please help if you can! Many thanks in advance!
Thank you.

CoDEmanX

Postby CoDEmanX » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:53 am

the properties editor on the right lets you edit properties of the active object. There doesn't seem to be a group editor yet...

But if you inserted a keyframe for lamp energy for each lamp, you can then go to Animation screen, select the lamp channels and duplicate the initial keyframes and move them around as a group (left-right: time, top-bottom: energy).
I'm sitting, waiting, wishing, building Blender in superstition...

liamwilt

Postby liamwilt » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:36 pm

wonderful! thank you!
Thank you.

Return to “Animation”