Help on Bone and PoseBone

Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Help on Bone and PoseBone

Postby damix » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Hi everybody, I'm struggling with the following properties exposed through the Python API:

Where can I find detailed information on these properties? How much of what described in ... ures-work/ applies to the current 2.63 version? In case there are no up to date documents I'm willing to take some time to write one but I really need help because I can't understand what's going on under the hood, and the best I can do is guessing.

I really would like to understand how Blender animation system works from a Python perspective; it is not enough for me to get my exporter script to behave in the way I feel is correct (I already kinda succeeded in that, and without using PoseBones by the way).

Postby damix » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:04 pm

For instance, something that I find quite interesting is that if I decompose() the PoseBone.matrix I always get that the scale part is (1, 1, 1) even if the bone is not of unit length in edit mode.

Code: Select all

>>> pb2.matrix.decompose()
(Vector((0.0, 0.0, 2.0)), Quaternion((0.707106, 0.707106, 0.0, 0.0)), Vector((1.0, 1.0, 1.0)))

(I approximated some components whose value had more digits after the decimal separator, for the sake of clarity and readability).

Return to “Python”