Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Question

jay27flow

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:15 pm
Hi! I'm new in Blender, and wondering, why is a monkey head in the program instead of a rough detailed human head (and maybe +a torso) ready to start further modeling or sculpting? This monky is useless i guess, but you have to make a head shape every single time when starting a new model...Okey, you can load in one, but it is most convenient to have one in the software... Are there some idea-topic or something somewhere?

Tehrasha

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:01 am
The monkey is Suzanne, and is just a testing primitive in Blender.

3DSMax has a teapot, we have a monkey.

jay27flow

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:41 am
Interesting... ok, we have a Suzanne... but we need a modul, where the user can set her/his own primitives in to the program! It would be very useful... if everyone can use his preset meshes...right from that SHIFT+A menü..that would be amazing! Or are there any way to do that yet?

Interesting, this Blender stuff is more intelligent than Max (the UI), but the render is fu*ckin slow... the internal renderer is a joke (extreamly dark areas and you can't put a lamp in every corner) the cycles seems good, but you need to wait a whole life to rid those noise pixels off...:S

And there's yafaray, a didn't tested yet...

Maybe i'll save the money for a max Sad That has a stupid UI, but mental ray is awesome...

or just wait...this program is developed fast...maybe couples of years...dunno Smile

Actually i like Blender...and i don't care the crashes...just the rendering time...

Jump to: