Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Using Blender's Game Engine.

raexe

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:15 pm
Hello guys! Very Happy I'm sorta new here and I don't really know if this is the right place to ask this.

Right now I'm just a kid, but I'm planning in the near future, like in 5 or 6 years, to learn extensively about all of Blender's mechanics, especially in its game engine.

But the problem is, can I use Blender to make for example an Xbox 360 game, or can I even do that in the first place? I'm talking about licensing issues, do I need to pay Blender's creators to use their program to make high-profile games?

reidh

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:26 am
Read the licensing agreement, its GPL, anything you can make with this program is yours except for any exceptions stipulated therein. As far as 360 goes, you have to have 360's special XNA Game studio and Proprietary libraries etc. to do anything FOR 360. You could eventually write, develop, et al produce a game in/on Blender game engine etc., that you could offer for partnering with XBox, like some people produce demo reels. I'm sure there is a huge protocol for submitting Games to Commercial houses, how to do etc. I don't know what that is. But it is probably googleable (to coin word). You have 5 years to find out.

Jump to: