Custom property export

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Custom property export

Postby MaxDZ8 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:55 am

As a start, I need to link an old discussion.
Custom properties export for Collada.
I am using 2.63.0 and it appears no custom properties were exported.

The engine I am interfacing with has fairly complex semantics for each object. The natural way to do this would be to go through custom properties however this feature has been missing for quite some time so the filter was reworked so all the information would get passed using the node name (orange cube tab near the chain).

Today, this usage has come to an end. I've hit node name upper limit. That is, it is no more possible to pack the information I need.

I've been told "a python script can do everything you need in a second". I have not been able to afford learning python in the last 12 months and I'm afraid I won't be able to learn it in the next 72 hours.
I've been looking at blender's scripting documentation and it looked like a complete black blob to me. I'm not interested in building stairs by scripts or doing some new UI or anything: I need to get those properties dumped to either collada or some other format to parse (JSON would be ideal).

I absolutely need a fast tutorial on how to get this done super fast. Or a script. Or at least some help.

I've searched for this quite a while. Today, I've found thisyet again. It looks fairly close to what I'm trying to do but it is quite away from meeting my needs.

Can you share any pointers?

Return to “Interactive 3d”