Noise in Renders

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Timber_Wolf_2

Noise in Renders

Postby Timber_Wolf_2 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:28 pm

I have a project that I have been working on for a couple of weeks (Blender 2.63), and only recently did it start introducing a strange noise/artefact into my renders, both internal and external (.png).

Render noise

I have some stationery and animated lights of a pale orange color, a black horizon and ambient color, and nothing else in the scene but these gold objects. The noise is very consistent in that it stays how it is, in the same spot, and appears and disappears as the the specular highlights animate around the image.

Can you think of a reason why Blender would be introducing a blue/green/grey noise???
Timber_Wolf_2

Carpe diem pro nomine Cristi.

Timber_Wolf_2

Re: Noise in Renders

Postby Timber_Wolf_2 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:21 pm

Ah yes, and I am using these render settings: PNG, RGBA, 100%, but the noise has also appeared in very low quality JPEGs as well.

I have also tried changing materials (to more of a silver) and the noise on the changed portions goes away. But as soon as I change it back to gold, the noise returns.

Is there a cache or something I can delete? I found the temp folder being used by blender, but don't know what I can delete.
Timber_Wolf_2

Gcharb

Postby Gcharb » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:33 am

Are You using Cycles, and if so, have You tried playing with clamps in the rendering parameters?

It helps removing some of the artefacts!

Gilles

Timber_Wolf_2

Postby Timber_Wolf_2 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:10 pm

Gcharb wrote:Are You using Cycles, and if so, have You tried playing with clamps in the rendering parameters?

To be honest, I have no clue what that means...
Timber_Wolf_2

Gcharb

Postby Gcharb » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:19 pm

Timber_Wolf_2 wrote:To be honest, I have no clue what that means...

Under the rendering menu (camera icon) you go in the integrator, then You get the seed and clamp values.

Both are used to reduce noise in the cycle render engine.

Try .1 in the clamp, this might help, and You could try different seed, to find one that will go with your scene!

I am very new to Blender, but I find that these two help reducing noise!

And You may need to increase your light emitter strength, to compensate, as these affect lightning.

Also, do You use object emitters for lightning, or a lamp?

If You use Cycles for rendering, I suggest You use an object emitter, that is something like a plane or a sphere with an emission material on it!

Gilles

Return to “Rendering”