Cycles experimental GPU Renders black screen

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Ranius

Cycles experimental GPU Renders black screen

Postby Ranius » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:06 am

I must be missing a whole lot but I can't find any coherent instructions on exactly what is involved. For the first part I'd like to know what's up with clay render and how I can enable it - I installed the script, checked its box and it rendered a black screen. Read on for more details.
||

Scene is a small room (42k verts) + some textures + full global illum.
Cycles render normally on CPU - they make about 100 samples per hour on 1500*1000 resolution. (8 hours and about 650 samples made) Still grainy as hell.

Obviously I want my GPU involved.
Installed OpenCL (to the best of my ability, because I didn't understand everything that was included in the "instructions"). Regardless, I am now running on amd catalyst and OpenCL 1.2.

Cycles experimental renders a black flat screen in two seconds flat (minus texture loading).

I am aware cycles experimental does not render textures on amd yet. I installed and used (if using means checking the box) clay render script, but the screen was still black and it rendered in the same time frame. I don't think it's even calculating meshes.

I am trying to install luxrender assuming it uses gpu render. Luxmarv2 is working with gpu checked. I saw it in add-ons tab but it would not "check"/initiate/turn on.

1st concern: enabling clayrender with cycles gpu or knowing what is going on.
2nd: installing luxrender

Thanks.
ASUS K50AB, 4.2Ghz duocore, 2+2G RAM , ATI Mobility Radeon 4570 512MB.

Ranius

Postby Ranius » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:11 am

Assumed emissions were changed to clay too. Adding a normal lamp changed nothing. I think one sun made a minimal difference once but that means a few yellow pixels here and there. Maybe I just canceled it too soon.
- apologies for double post.
ASUS K50AB, 4.2Ghz duocore, 2+2G RAM , ATI Mobility Radeon 4570 512MB.

droidonthemoon

Cycles black screen

Postby droidonthemoon » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:23 am

Same problem. NVIDIA QUADRO 4000 on Mac Cuda enabled. Cycles gives me a black screen. Whats up with this? Anyone know?
For the love of God!

Jeager

Postby Jeager » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:50 am

Do you have the opencl option in the CCC ?

http://developer.amd.com/sdks/AMDAPPSDK ... ility.aspx

Return to “Rendering”