Newbie question on active object

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

billo

Newbie question on active object

Postby billo » Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:05 am

Hi! I'm used to working in Maya, and recently downloaded blender to play with. I'm pretty impressed, but I'm having a problem that clearly comes from me not getting my head around something.

If I 1) Create a mesh cube, 2) Move the cube, and 3) Create a second mesh cube, I cannot go back and get into edit mode with the first cube. I can (it seems) choose it (I hit "A" and then "B" and choose it -- it turns from black to pink). However, I can only work in object mode. I can scale, rotate, etc, but I can't seem to grab any vertices. In 2.2.6, when I hit tab, only the vertices in the second cube turn yellow; the first cube stays a solid black. In 2.3, if I choose the first cube in object mode, I notice that there is only "Object mode" as an option in the header, while there are a number of options with the second cube.

How to I enable edit mode in the first cube?

Thanks!

billo :?:

billo

Postby billo » Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:13 am

Follow-up -- I noticed that the first cube never becomes the bright pink of an active
object. When I choose it using the bounded select, it remains a darker pink than the
active object.

z3r0_d

Postby z3r0_d » Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:09 am

you can only make objects active with the right-click select

you can shift+right click to select more objects, or choose the active one of selected objects.

blender usage questions are best directed towards the forum on http://www.elysiun.com

billo

Postby billo » Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:34 pm

Thanks! That was it. I'll ask my other questions in the other forum.

billo

Return to “Interface & Tools”