kinect for windows and blender

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Kagome

kinect for windows and blender

Postby Kagome » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:30 pm

Hello, (hopefully thi is the correct place in this forum)

I want to try some motion capture with blender and a "kinect for windows".
After now some days of research why it isn't working, I saw that the most tools there out seems to be for the xBox Kinect and Blender.

Does anyone know a tool / website / tutorial which connects a "kinect for windows" to blender?
The SDK (including drivers) are installed of the Kinect for Windows and the device is getting detected correctly in windows.

CoDEmanX

Postby CoDEmanX » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:09 pm

See Blender Loop Station:

https://www.google.com/search?q=blender+loop+station

I dunno how far this project has been developed...

Otherwise, get a utility that can record motion captures to BVH and import that into blender
I'm sitting, waiting, wishing, building Blender in superstition...

Kagome

Postby Kagome » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:58 pm

hello,
thank you for your answer.

I tried the Loop Station already, but this was build for the Windows SDK beta 1 or 2. That didn't worked with the offical final Windows SDK 1.0. In the final release are a lot of changes.

I played also a little bit with the testgames from Windows kinect SDK but my conclusion was that the kinect isn't that good as I thought.

herby9ml

Postby herby9ml » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:00 am

Hey, This post looks a little old, and not sure if you're still looking for that answer. I've stumbled onto this a while back, and it seems it could be of some use to you. It may require you to download a few plugins (i dont have a Kinect cam, so i'm not sure on any results, as of yet). But, seems to be enough to get some pretty great stuff!

Original Web-source is down, but the article has been posted on other websites. In Yahoo, type in "How to hack your kinect"

you should get something like this:
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/how-to ... our_kinect

You should find all the information you're looking for in that article. There's a website it'll link you too, where you can get an up-to-date, plugin for the kinect cam, and everything. ^_^

Return to “Animation”