Pop up book animation

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

splitscreenprod

Pop up book animation

Postby splitscreenprod » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi I am new to blender so I apologize in advance if I violate any forum rules, just correct me and I will fix it. I am trying to make a pop up book effect from a still image. The image will lay flat and my person will pop out of the picture like when you open a pop up book. The image will be a jpg and not an animation. Is this animation possible to do with blender, and if it is can someone guide me to a tutorial on it. I can not seem to find one on the internet. Thanks.

stiv

Postby stiv » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:12 pm

/me guesses: Use your picture as an Image Texture on a Plane. Animate the Plane.

splitscreenprod

Postby splitscreenprod » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Thanks, any tips on how to cut a person out of a image, so the background stays flat and the person pops out? I was thinking of a grid and and animate only parts of the grid, but (I don't have blender in front of me) does it allow you to take out parts that aren't in block form? Kinda like the magic extractor tool in photoshop. Thanks again Sir/Ma'am.

ldo

Postby ldo » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:48 pm

I’d say they need to be two separate images, on two separate planes, just one of which pops up.

splitscreenprod

Postby splitscreenprod » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:22 pm

Thanks. I was thinking that as well. Honestly I was. Final question, does anyone have a direction for me to go to look up how to cut out a shape out of a plane that isn't in block format? I can figure out how to cut out say a window, but trying to cut out a person with curved lines seems nigh impossible. I will keep looking but if someone could guide me it would save me time. thanks in advance.

stiv

Postby stiv » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:20 pm

GIMP has a whole bunch of tools for separating foreground from background. What to use depends on your image.

Return to “Animation”