Cal3D exporter for Blender 2.57 is ready

Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

smk

Cal3D exporter for Blender 2.57 is ready

Postby smk » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:45 pm

I've refreshed (more like totally rewrote (=) Blender cal3d exporter so that now it works with 2.57 release.

Here's the link to github repo of the exporter: https://github.com/alexeyd/blender2cal3d

That's fleur model rendered by blender:

That's the same model exported to cal3d (in an Irrlicht based viewer)

The script exports current selection to cal3d. However there're some restrictions:

- only one armature can be exported
- armature can contain only one root bone (bone without a parent bone), disconnected bones are exported finely
- armature shouldn't be scaled (you have to clear armature scale before exporting)
- only animations with rotation and location keyframes are exported, no scaling keyframes are allowed
- you can export an arbitary number of meshes, but only 1 material per mesh is allowed

To install the exporter, you need to:
- put the "io_export_cal3d" folder to your blender addons dir (in linux it's ~/.blender/2.57/scripts/addons)
- enable it in File -> User Preferences -> Addons -> Import-Export

I haven't performed too much testing yet, so if you encounter any bugs during your exports - please leave a comment here.

farrer

Re: Cal3D exporter for Blender 2.57 is ready

Postby farrer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:41 pm

Thanks a lot for the script: it works!

Just a minor annoyment for me: it ignores the model's translation and seems to be exporting it centered at (0,0,0), instead at the current translated position (it could be good if it is an option, but I can do an workaround on my code anyway)...

smk

Postby smk » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:54 pm

Thanks for testing (=

Yep, that's the old base translation stuff... It places armature object root to (0,0,0). Not the root bone, but the actual armature object. So you can move root bone in edit mode and get translation that way.

Farabi

Postby Farabi » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi I was just testing it on Blender 2.60 since blender 2.58 yiedl an error code and I cant click the Cal3D button on the user preference options.

Im experimenting with the base rotation and it seems the default bone rotation was wrong, so the animation is weird. I hope you can fix it on the newest blender version so I can use this.

Anyway, this is a great effort even it still yield a wrong output. Keep up the good work.
I never say I have this whole universe, and I never I am and angel. Im just human beeing. Just like you.

Farabi

Postby Farabi » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:08 pm

Hi, I get the XML version working on 2.61 version, but when I loaded it using the cal3D dll library, it was slow as hell. Very slow even for a simple animation, I hope you can make the binary version worked.

Thanks for your effort,
Onan Farabi
I never say I have this whole universe, and I never I am and angel. Im just human beeing. Just like you.

Farabi

Postby Farabi » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:52 am

Anyone know how to export the UV texture using the blender 2.49 script? I tried to create a UV Mapped texture but it did not exported.

Return to “Python”