Issue with composite blur

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

muzjik

Issue with composite blur

Postby muzjik » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:24 am

I have my blur working as I wish to, but when I render it I am running into issues.

What I want is an object that has a glowing look around it, but it also must have a transparent background. I have it set to premultiplied with RGBA mode. If I set it to RGB mode the glow is there but I have a black background. When I have RGBA mode set, I lose the blur but I get my transparent background.

What's going on here? Why can't I have my cake and eat it too!?

ZackatSumoFilms

Re: Issue with composite blur

Postby ZackatSumoFilms » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:50 pm

muzjik wrote:What I want is an object that has a glowing look around it, but it also must have a transparent background. I have it set to premultiplied with RGBA mode. If I set it to RGB mode the glow is there but I have a black background. When I have RGBA mode set, I lose the blur but I get my transparent background.

It's there, but because the alpha on the glow is very transparent when it is against a light background it won't show up. So, there are some Transparency settings you can do in The Integrator portion of the Render Tab, but the easiest thing to do is make sure your Image is displayed over a dark background (BG). You may have some luck with the Integrator settings, but you may also check into the color of what your blurring, you can filter that to a darker color and/or increase the size of your glow. Go darker if you want it to show up on a light BG and vice versa for a dark BG. It all depends on what your final image is going to sit over.
I hope that helps.
Zack Miller
www.sumofilms.com

Return to “Documentation & Education”