blender engine, i'm walking through walls. help!

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Jedijds

blender engine, i'm walking through walls. help!

Postby Jedijds » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:17 am

im trying to build a cube like maze object for a game i can walk in to, but when i bump in to a wall i either get stuck in the wall or i just get bumped out of the wall to the eterior. Is there any way i could stop the character from doing that? Here is a sample I constructed in like 30 mins to test the idea I had but that is where I ran in to this problem.
http://www.mediafire.com/?uo4dx9uzakfncwy
۞◄█°‖‖‖‖‖█ʭʭ╬(░▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

NEER

Postby NEER » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:27 am

I suggest having the maze as a static object (collisions off), and the character dynamic (collisions on).
The maze or any other environment doesn't care it you walk into it, but the moving player does.

I hope this helps a little

Jedijds

Postby Jedijds » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Thanks that worked better. lol How do you guy figure all that stuff out? i just never seem to get it. :lol: :D thanks again

NEER

Postby NEER » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:04 am

Jedijds wrote:Thanks that worked better. lol How do you guy figure all that stuff out? i just never seem to get it. :lol: :D thanks again

Well lots of swearing at my computer and pounding on the keyboard until it finally works haha. :wink:
I watch youtube tutorials for references and examples and tutorials, and you can also find other online documentation that can help online

this is a good site that you should save, i use this first then youtube then google

http://www.tutorialsforblender3d.com/

Jedijds

Postby Jedijds » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:45 pm

haha, thanks ill see what all i can figure out using that page. thanks again! :D

Return to “Interactive 3d”