Adding a Driver to Intergrator Seed

Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

ZackatSumoFilms

Adding a Driver to Intergrator Seed

Postby ZackatSumoFilms » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:13 am

In 2.61 you could right-click and Add Driver to the Seed function. This is gone. I played around and noticed that it is possible to write code into the value for the Seed, but I have no idea how to use Python and I have never had to use it, since 2.49a. All I'm trying to do is follow a tutorial on how to create Sampled Motion Blur in Cycles, but the one thing that would allow me to create a non-grainy render without multiplying by render time by a factor of 32 is this function that is now gone. Please refer to this tutorial: https://vimeo.com/36650120
Around 7:25 in the video he simply right-clicks and chooses Add Driver. Since this isn't available in 2.63, I was wondering how to write the code to add a driver. I've been reading Python Wikis all day and while I understand the gist of what's going on I still have no clue how to do what I want, which is Add a Driver to the Seed that is affected by the Z Location Transformation of the Empty in the scene. This is actually all explained in the tutorial, but I want to make sure people who don't follow the link will understand what I'm talking about roughly.
Please no snarky Google it or learn python comments. They don't help and really aren't an answer. I've been on BlenderArtists and a bunch of other sites as well and no one has ANY information on this that is discernible to this mere mortal.
Zack Miller
www.sumofilms.com

ZackatSumoFilms

Update: Can manually Add Driver

Postby ZackatSumoFilms » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:10 am

I figured out that if I type in "#Driver" in the value it adds a driver. Now the only issue I have is that I cannot add keyframes to it, which renders it useless as of right now, but if I can get some help with how to add keyframes to a driver in the Graph Editor manually, since the options aren't available and "I" doesn't work. In fact, the option isn't even in the Keys part of the menu. I just upgraded to 2.63 R50475, because someone at BlenderArtists suggested that 2.63 r46461-46487M had some serious bugs.

Return to “Python”