Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Blender Newb Question

zachdog6

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:33 am
Hello, I am new to blender. The thing is, me and my school club have decided to move on from creating games in Alice to creating them in Blender. My role in the development will be one of the programmers. My problem is that I am not sure what exactly I need to learn as the programmer. I looked at the tutorial page, and there is a bunch of stuff about animation, modeling, game engine, and so on. Game engine will be a given, but what else should I start learning if I am to be the programmer? I would appreciate any help that can be given.

stiv

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:39 pm
Blender uses an extended version of Python for its scripting language, although lots of stuff can be done in the Game Engine without programming.

If Python is new to you, the first step would be to run thru the tutorial at python.org .

zachdog6

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:16 pm
stiv wrote:
Blender uses an extended version of Python for its scripting language, although lots of stuff can be done in the Game Engine without programming.

If Python is new to you, the first step would be to run thru the tutorial at python.org .

I think I want to start with learning how to use blender and program without python. I might learn it later on if it will be beneficial to our game, but basics first. SO, back to the question I had in the original post maybe...

Jump to: