Netrender - Master and Client on same computer ?

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Odolyte

Netrender - Master and Client on same computer ?

Postby Odolyte » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to have Netrendering Master and client on the same computer ?

Because when i send a job from client, only the Master (on the same computer) is dedicated to the task never the Slave (i have a cluster of 2 computers : 1 master + 1slave (i'm making tests before larger scale installation)).

Thanks for any help !

Odo

IzeHouze

Re: Netrender - Master and Client on same computer ?

Postby IzeHouze » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:27 pm

Yes. I am running the master and slave on a single server. Since the master is the only one using the port, it works just fine. You don't have to worry about splitting ports for Master/Slave.

Odolyte wrote:Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to have Netrendering Master and client on the same computer ?

Because when i send a job from client, only the Master (on the same computer) is dedicated to the task never the Slave (i have a cluster of 2 computers : 1 master + 1slave (i'm making tests before larger scale installation)).

Thanks for any help !

Odo

farbw3rk

Re: Netrender - Master and Client on same computer ?

Postby farbw3rk » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:23 pm

Odolyte wrote:(...)
Because when i send a job from client, only the Master (on the same computer) is dedicated to the task never the Slave (...)

you may have to check your slave and client taggings if your slave doesn't receive a chunk.

take a look here and scroll to slave+client, looking for the tag-keyword.

Return to “Rendering”