Help Needed With Glitchy Game Controls

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Help Needed With Glitchy Game Controls

Postby Dave457 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:06 pm

I'm working on a very simple top-down shooter (in the vein of Smash TV for the SNES) to help myself with learning the BGE. I have my controls set up so that W, A, S, D move the player while the directional buttons shoot in that respective direction. I have everything working fine except two things. Whenever I hold down and right simultaneously, the player is not able to move up; and whenever I hold up and right simultaneously, the player is not able to move left and right. I've been trouble shooting this for a few days now and I can't seem to figure it out. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening. I can send you the blend file if you need to see the logic.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Postby Jedijds » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:28 pm

I have had trouble with the same thing, I just worked around it. Maybe if I saw what your logic is like I could try to find a solution. Could you send a .blend file?

Postby zamise » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:47 pm

Same sortof prob, I havn't figured out a work around. Seems sometimes, not always, that two keyboard buttons pressed and held down at exact same time is no go on both. There also seems like a 2 button limit on keys held down even if not at the exact same time, have to let off one to get the 3rd to work.

Return to “Interactive 3d”