Pc games to play on a mac?

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Jedijds

Pc games to play on a mac?

Postby Jedijds » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:21 pm

Is there a way make games I make on my pc playable on macs?
I created a small game to play with and I wanted to show a friend but all the has are macs. Is there a way I can convert the game from the pc format to a mac format?
Can the blender developers create something so that the game can either be exported as pc or mac code? Or is there something like this all ready?
Thanks
۞◄█°‖‖‖‖‖█ʭʭ╬(░▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

farbw3rk

Postby farbw3rk » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:16 am

Hi,

a blender game? Why not simply put your project and Blender on a stick, run it at your friends Mac, then export (pack+runtime)?

In case of platform-Support (for packaging and distribution) running a Mac is a big plus cause it's a lot easier to bundle for OSX, Linux and Windows by running a few virtualized Clients on your Mac-Host. :)

I really don't know if packaging for a platform other than the one you are running blender is supported atm. I doubt whether it'll work.

Jedijds

Postby Jedijds » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:45 pm

Well it’s hard for me to do that because I rarely ever see any of my friends in person. That’s why I was wondering if blender has a function so mac users can produce games they make in pc code and pc users like wise in mac code. Maybe that will be created in the future though, thanks for the reply and the suggestion. Next time around a mac ill try it and see how it works.
۞◄█°‖‖‖‖‖█ʭʭ╬(░▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Return to “Interactive 3d”