Blender saves output only if rendered as animation not image

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

runaway

Blender saves output only if rendered as animation not image

Postby runaway » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:51 am

Hello,
I'm new to blender, so maybe it's something obvious but as I keep looking for a solution to this problem for quite some time now I hope somebody here can help me out.

I'm trying to render an image (as tiff file) and specified a path where to save the images:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Blender\rendered\

However if I render with F12, it shows the final picture in Blender, but it does not produce the tiff file. If I render it as an animation with CTRL+F12, the image file is being produced. Any ideas why this could be?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jedijds

Postby Jedijds » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:57 pm

The image is produced in the image editor. In the editor go to the bottom of that screen, there is a button ribbon there. Next to the image name (normally after rendering its called “Render Result”) is the button ‘Image.’ In the pop up click on the ‘save image as’ then save the image. (key board shortcut is F3)
Hope that helped, animation is normally to render image sequence or video.
The image button allows a render so people can get lighting and textures correct before animating the entire scene.
۞◄█°‖‖‖‖‖█ʭʭ╬(░▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

herby9ml

Postby herby9ml » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:27 am

Jedijds wrote:The image is produced in the image editor. In the editor go to the bottom of that screen, there is a button ribbon there. Next to the image name (normally after rendering its called “Render Result”) is the button ‘Image.’ In the pop up click on the ‘save image as’ then save the image. (key board shortcut is F3)
Hope that helped, animation is normally to render image sequence or video.
The image button allows a render so people can get lighting and textures correct before animating the entire scene.

Ahh!... That's pretty interesting, i'm aware of that process, because of the UV-Mapping Scenery. But i normally just switch the rendering output over to an image format (.png, .tiff, .targa, .gif, etc...); Cut the rendering frames down to 1; Adjust the image resolution, and any image quality. And it'll name it, render it, and dump it automatically in my designated output folder. The frame you render it on, is what the name will get titled. (personally, i think this is a lot better, i can 20 different sets of the same image, toggling different settings, with different results, and just having them saved automatically in my folder ending in "001-020") ^_^

But hey, what ever is most comfortable, i guess... Same results in the end. ;)

Jedijds

Postby Jedijds » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:52 pm

That works as well; again as you said it’s about comfort and personal preference.
۞◄█°‖‖‖‖‖█ʭʭ╬(░▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Return to “Rendering”