LOWPOLY GAME CHARACTER TRAINING SERIES QUESTION

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

walldiv

LOWPOLY GAME CHARACTER TRAINING SERIES QUESTION

Postby walldiv » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:57 am

Hey guys! I'm going through this DVD on the Low Poly Game Character Training Series that i bought off Blender.org from CGCOOKIE.COM. Not to throw in a plug, but man does it cover some great aspects and I'm really glad i spent the $$$ I did!!!

I"m onto chapter 3, which covers re-topology of the high-poly mesh you create when sculpting each part in chapter 2. Now my problem is, I've been through all the sections of chapter 2, have everything sculpted and saved in it's retrospective files (the face/helm/hair/neck/arms/hands are in 1 file ultimately and the clothing is in another) but when i go to start the section on the RE-TOP, and LINK IN THE OBJECTS from the files mentioned previously, there is nothing in teh viewport! I can see them in my scene object layout window as being linked, and the "restrict visibility in viewport" eye icon is grayed out, i cant turn it on or off. I go back to the file and i see NOTHING wrong with the original files, all views are fine and active and working but I cant seem to link these sculpted objects data to a newly created file.

Anyone run into this, or know of any fixes/troubleshooting I may do? I'm quite tech-savvy so hit me with your best shot!

~Dan

walldiv

Postby walldiv » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:46 am

PRoblem solved! Dont ask me how these settings got into blender, as i didnt change much from the default install. . . but resetting back to factory defaults seems to have fixed that (and a few other) issues.

Return to “Documentation & Education”