A fast way to render a Big Bick Bunny model

Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

barcodepandora

A fast way to render a Big Bick Bunny model

Postby barcodepandora » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:45 am

Hello. I'm working now with Big Buck Bunny movie contents. I wish to render via python a model and to produce a MPEG movie. The renderings works, but it requieres for a movie of 4 seconds and for example the rabbit model a process duration of 20 minutes. I tried too with 8 models and it requires a time of 1h 18'.

I'm rendering without scene properties in a Debian 6.0.4 with 4GB memory and 250GB HD making a scaling bpy.context.object.scale = (0.6,0.6,0.6).

¿It's possible a rendering process faster? ¿It's possible also without edit the model and preserve the properties of the rabbit? Thank U very much.

stiv

Postby stiv » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:54 am

Render smaller frames.

Or remove features like lights.

Rendering is basically a business problem. If you throw money at it, it goes away.

Jedijds

Postby Jedijds » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:57 pm

You can also render say 30 frames on one computer and 30 on another as an image file then combine them together in the video sequence editor in to a video file. That will let you complete double the amount of work in the same time, that is if you’re trying to render a film faster or the individual frame faster. For individual frame, yeah listen to Stiv.
Also increase the number of threads your computer is using for rendering in the performance box of the render tab.
۞◄█°‖‖‖‖‖█ʭʭ╬(░▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

barcodepandora

Postby barcodepandora » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:28 pm

hello, We've tried with reduce scene properties, managing thread, and in a machine with debian an 47GB of memory. Naturally now it works.

Return to “Python”