Trouble navigating fodler locations in Blender 2.64

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

VectorRoll

Trouble navigating fodler locations in Blender 2.64

Postby VectorRoll » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:31 pm

This may sound stupid but for some odd reason on this laptop I can not open the folder location where I want to save my projects and even get the images I want to use for my material.

I do not use Blender often so I guess that I am new even though I have messed around with it for years now.

Basically what I am experiencing is when I go to Save As I try to navigate into the folder location I want to save my project in. But when I click on the folder Blender just saves the project on the C: under the name .blend and every time I try it copies that name adding a # to the end as they are duplicate names.
Also...
When I try to open a image from a folder location where my saved image is located for my material blender just closes out the browsing panel and does not apply any images. This happens when I click on a folder location that I want to browse.

The only way I can save in other locations and open things is by typing the exact address of the location or item I want to use. What I want to do is browse those locations first.

Has anyone experienced this or know a way to change it?

VectorRoll

Postby VectorRoll » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:48 pm

Never mind. It started working again when I rebooted Blender.
Basically I got fed up with it and shut it down for a bit then decided to open it up again and try messing with it again and when I did it just started working. Must have been bugged and just needed to be rebooted.

stiv

Postby stiv » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Does this involve file/dir names with non-ascii characters?

Return to “Interface & Tools”