My 10yr old son wants to learn Blender (What book's good?)

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

My 10yr old son wants to learn Blender (What book's good?)

Postby bruce32466 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:36 am

My apologies if this has been asked before. My 10 year old son is showing interest in blender. I'm trying to find a book that is age appropriate for him and will get him making something fairly quick so he doesn't get bored before he can really get the hang of it. Anyone know of one or even a site or tutorial geared toward his age?

Postby 3D_V1P3R » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:27 am

I would say,, and are three of the best tutorial sites.

There's quite a few on the blender site tutorial page as well if you haven't seen them

The Blender3D: Noob to Pro may be a bit outdated on some but helped me out a lot

YouTube has a lot of good videos, just make sure to include the version of Blender being used in the search.

Local libraries sometimes have some good books however you may need to put them on hold

Unfortunately I have not found many resources for teaching younger people to use Blender however it is becoming more popular and powerful every day so it is not unlikely that more resources will become available in the near future.

Two things I would focus on to spur interest would be game development and sculpting with the dyntopo build of blender on

Good luck! :D

Return to “Documentation & Education”