Adding textures or colours to objects

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Nick B

Adding textures or colours to objects

Postby Nick B » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:18 pm

I am disappointed to find that textures etc that the user has already defined are not available for the user to assign from a drop-down menu.

If like me, you assign textures etc as you go, it's perfectly natural to create new objects which may share textures.

Yet I cannot find how to retrieve already defined textures and assign them to more objects.

Am I not looking in the right places or is this feature not yet available?

spaces

Postby spaces » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:31 am

Well, in Blender you use materials which can have 18 textures assigned. Materials can be shared across objects.

But true, Blender desperately needs a material library. A French dude concocted something but it's still not in the trunk.

Nick B

Postby Nick B » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:35 am

spaces wrote:Well, in Blender you use materials which can have 18 textures assigned. Materials can be shared across objects.

But true, Blender desperately needs a material library. A French dude concocted something but it's still not in the trunk.

Watching some of the tutorials available, I have noticed that Blender Guru uses a method for reassigning textures, but it went past so quickly, I'll have to watch the tutorial again to see what he actually did.

I really like Blender, but the depth of it is so vast, it's going to take a while to get my head round some of it.

Thanks for the response Spaces

Return to “Interface & Tools”