Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Blender User Usability

Candy Fayray

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:37 pm

Well I make it short.
I did notice after Updates of the Blender Software, which is btw a great software, the user interface changed...again.

This is NOT user friendly.
Why ?
Well the user has to relearn everything.
When it was in a prior Version on the Soft switch A
then it is on the next version maybe on the Soft switch D.
This makes no sense to me.

period.

Well the Developer do a great work, but remember you have also to think on the users. Because they use it, and when the Software is well done maintained then the users are also happy.
If this is not then some users will look for a better solution.
Because why to relearn everything ?

So please rethink what you do, or wanna do, because it is not only the Developer, there are also many users... worldwide.

thx
Candy

Tehrasha

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:57 pm
Candy Fayray wrote:

So please rethink what you do, or wanna do, because it is not only the Developer, there are also many users... worldwide.

I believe that if you subscribed to the Blender Developers mailing list, and read the posts therein, you would see that deciding which subsections various options should be placed in, is much debated and not taken lightly.

Throughout the 2.5x/2.6x cycle, many options have been regrouped into similar categories for ease of use and more intuitive workflow. The addition of Cycles and BMesh has also made some functions obsolete, redundant.

Just because it is different that what you are accustomed to does not make it wrong. Its called refinement.

There is nothing forcing you to upgrade and you can continue running an older version of Blender if you wish. Several people have decided to continue using use the older 2.4x series until 2.6x stabilizes.

ldo

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:45 am
Quote:
Well the user has to relearn everything.

That’s not a very constructive comment. A constructive comment would be more like “the user has to relearn the locations of changed things”. Some friendly advice: stick to constructive comments, otherwise people will just dismiss you as background noise.

Jump to: