Blender.org is something missing?

Feedback to the Blender Foundation and the moderators of this website

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

-chase-

Blender.org is something missing?

Postby -chase- » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:04 pm

Hey -

Just came back to check and see the reply to my last question posted and it seems like something is missing...?

Did the forums get a hair cut or chave their mustache off or delete a catagory or two?

Something looks different but I can't place my finger on it. :?:

As well - I can't find my last post as a matter of fact when I look at "Find all Posts by - and click my member name - it only pulls up three posts... out of fifty. Though I'd agree, many of the posts could easy be deleted and not missed by me or anyone else for that matter.

But my last asking about Cycles - i really would like to see the answer to it.
Brain... neeeds... more... Blender... instruction... on Cycles... to... survive.

ie: I need the info.

Thanx

- chase -

ps - how come the notify me of replys though checked - I never get a a notification... Not one ever, as in never recieved a one.

and no - no even in my spam folder...

Tehrasha

Postby Tehrasha » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:15 pm

I see 4 pages of your posts...

http://www.blender.org/forum/search.php ... or=-chase-

with the last one being...

http://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97664

Have you tried blenderartist.org ?
They deal more with the 'how to use' Blender questions.

As for notifications...

Is it possible that Yahoo Canada is filtering them off as spam?
Spacemice Wiki -- Input devices for a 3D world.
Spacemice / Blender Compatibility

-chase-

Postby -chase- » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:24 pm

Tehrasha wrote:I see 4 pages of your posts...

http://www.blender.org/forum/search.php ... or=-chase-

with the last one being...

http://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97664

Have you tried blenderartist.org ?
They deal more with the 'how to use' Blender questions.

As for notifications...

Is it possible that Yahoo Canada is filtering them off as spam?

4 pages...? Wow but thanks for the link

How ever.. just clicked on the link for the "last one being" and I get a message from Blender.org forums stating that topic is no longer available.

Oh and the notificatio thing worked this time... some one must be sitting there going "Oh shoot - He figured out we've been blocking his email" and let it through - this time...

Yeah I tried Blender Artists - they banded me a couple years back due to a discussion were I pointed out that all they did was take from Blender.

It got deep - and i was right so as stated they banned me...

Tehrasha

Postby Tehrasha » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:38 pm

-chase- wrote:How ever.. just clicked on the link for the "last one being" and I get a message from Blender.org forums stating that topic is no longer available.

Dont know what to tell you there.
I just cut&pasted it from the first link listing all your posts.
It still works for me..

-chase-

Postby -chase- » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:00 pm

Tehrasha wrote:
-chase- wrote:Dont know what to tell you there.
I just cut&pasted it from the first link listing all your posts.
It still works for me..

Just tried them again:

First link shows only 6 topics found including this topic.

Second still the same: "The topic or post you requested does not exist"

see...

coould be Gremlins but... they're not usually this far south this time of year.

Must be Satin... that little devil. :twisted:

Anyway - could you post the reply to my Cycles question in this thread since you can see it - if you don't mind that is.

Tehrasha

Postby Tehrasha » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:58 pm

-chase- wrote:
Tehrasha wrote:
-chase- wrote:First link shows only 6 topics found including this topic.

Second still the same: "The topic or post you requested does not exist"

It may be a cookie issue in your browser.
I get similar result to what you describe if I am not logged in.

Anyway - could you post the reply to my Cycles question in this thread since you can see it - if you don't mind that is.

I dont mind, but there have been no responses to that thread.

stiv

Postby stiv » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:24 am

Yeah I tried Blender Artists - they banded me a couple years back due to a discussion were I pointed out that all they did was take from Blender.

I can see how this might happen. But the user forums have been at blenderartists.org for some time now. See this page, for example:

http://www.blender.org/forum/

In the future, due to the way the Blender ecosystem has evolved, we plan on consolidating some of the categories here on the development forums and trying to push user questions over to the user community.

-chase-

Postby -chase- » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:28 pm

stiv wrote:
Yeah I tried Blender Artists - they banned me a couple years back due to a discussion were I pointed out that all they did was take from Blender.

I can see how this might happen. But the user forums have been at blenderartists.org for some time now. See this page, for example:

http://www.blender.org/forum/

In the future, due to the way the Blender ecosystem has evolved, we plan on consolidating some of the categories here on the development forums and trying to push user questions over to the user community.

I was taking a look at the catagories here at Blender.org and noticed the changes.

As far as Blender Artists - though there are some good people there - a lot actually. As with many fourms - they can get taken over by the few - ones that their liffe revolves around sitting on the forum... the little clicks or what have you... you're either in with them or on the outs - I think this was the case when I was there.. Which I think everyone that tries asking a question on a forum has had enough of no matter what forum it is.

Now this was prior to the revamping of Blender Artists... so I don't how it is now or has been since. I doubt much change in this area has taken place.

that said - I understand Blender.org wanting to keep this forum for more Development related issues, questions or requests.

And Blender Artists is not the only game in town. Well maybe that town but not on the web.

As far as the lost posts... a lot as mentioned - were for past versions so I'm sure they are not missed. I don't miss them.

But my question on converting texture recipes to Cycles - was kinda important to me... I was hoping for some direction to tutorials or perhaps even some documentation on the subject of how to convert the Blender Render Settings over to Cycle settings and what nodes should be used in lew of... that sort of thing.

It'll all work it self out in the end I'm sure and I'll figure things out eventually... it's just new to me that's all.

The tutorials on how to create this or that are great but... I'm looking for something that shows - This is used in Blender Render and the conversion to Cycles is xyz. And those type tuts or instructions seem a tad hard to find.

But thanx guys and thanx for pointing out the changes to Blender.org.
I'll respect your new format and limit my questions or posts to Dev stuff in the future.

BTW - got to say it - Great job on Blender v2.6 - Some of the renders coming out using Cycles - totally kick butt!

Take a look at Andrew Prices new one for Realistic Fruit Splashes or his Fire and Ice render he did for 3D World Magizine...

http://www.blenderguru.com/videos/creat ... uit-splash

http://www.3dworldmag.com/2012/01/07/cr ... n-blender/

Cycles is rocking the 3D world with some of the renders being turned out... Made me sit up and take notice.

Great job to all involved with the creation of Blender 2.6... Blender is definitly stepping up.

take care and thanx again for all the help in the past.

ldo

Postby ldo » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:10 am

The "News And Chat" forum seems to have disappeared.

stiv

Postby stiv » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:09 pm

ldo wrote:The "News And Chat" forum seems to have disappeared.

Weird. Looks like a permissions problem. Better now?

Return to “Foundation and Websites”