Reporting documentation errors

Feedback to the Blender Foundation and the moderators of this website

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

damix

Reporting documentation errors

Postby damix » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:29 am

Hi everybody. A reply (from Ido) to one of my previous posts (see link after Python code) suggested that the best place to report errors in the Python API online documentation may be perhaps under 'Foundation and Websites'. During my experiments with the API I found quite a lot of mistakes in the documentation, especially regarding data types; the last one involves the 'co' field of class ShapeKeyPoint. The Python shell says:

Code: Select all

>>> type(bpy.data.objects['Cube'].data.
        shape_keys.key_blocks[1].data[0])
<class 'bpy.types.ShapeKeyPoint'>

>>> type(bpy.data.objects['Cube'].data
       .shape_keys.key_blocks[1].data[0].co)
<class 'Vector'>

While http://tiny.cc/utmimw says that it is a 3 elements array. This is the same kind of error reported in my post http://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24053&highlight= and CoDEmanX provided a good explanation of why this probably keeps happening.

Correcting these errors aparently would involve modifying by hand the output of an automatic documentation generator, which is quite difficult to mantain. I don't know how this thing can be solved but probably Blender users should start by having some sort of central repository for documentation errors.

What if the online API documentation provided a link in every page pointing to some sort of simple wiki-like-discussion-page? What do you think?

Laura080

Postby Laura080 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:23 pm

Hey damix,
green smoke couponsmackeeper coupon codefree iphonefree ipadlocksmith torontolocksmith los angeleslocksmith atlantalocksmith miamilocksmith houstonlocksmith las vegaslondon locksmithchicago locksmithlocksmith san antoniosan diego locksmithlocksmith san franciscodenver locksmithlocksmith phoenixlocksmith dallascalgary locksmithlocksmith manchesterlocksmith new yorklocksmith philadelphiasan jose locksmithseattle locksmithfortlauderdale locksmithboston locksmithlocksmith sacramentominneapolis locksmithtampa locksmithaustin locksmithlocksmith oaklandlocksmith honoluluorlando locksmithlocksmith scottsdalevancouver locksmithlocksmith ottowabristol locksmithlocksmith indianapolislocksmith baltimorelocksmith milwaukeecolorado springs locksmithlocksmith edmontonlocksmith leedslocksmith glasgowlocksmith edinburghliverpool locksmithacapulco gold seedsblack domina seedschemdog seedsice seedsmaster kush seedsmazar seedsmoby dick seedssuper skunk seedsblack widow seeds
Sounds like a good idea. a free platform like mediawiki could be used for the wiki, but would it be easier to just set up a subsection on the forum?
locksmith fortworthlocksmith charlottealbuquerque locksmithlocksmith tucsonkansas city locksmithcannijuana weed seeds
Laura :) marijuana seeds for salefeminized marijuana seedsindoor marijuana seedsoutdoor marijuana seedsmedical marijuana seedslowryder seedsog kush seedsskunk seedswhite widow seedspurple haze seedsbig bud seedsjack herer seedssour diesel seedsak 47 seedscheese seedschronic seedsflash seedsg 13 seedspineapple express seedstangerine dream seedswhite russian seedsamnesia haze seedsamnesia seedscritical mass seedsblue cheese seedslsd seedssuper lemon haze seedswhite rhino seedsbig bang seedsbubba kushchocolope seedsppp seedssuper silver haze seedstrainwreck seedsc99 seedsmarijuana seeds for salecritical seedsdurban posion seedshaze seedsliberty haze seedsstrawberry cough seeds

Return to “Foundation and Websites”