Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Progress Report?

leinad13

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:28 pm
I downloaded the latest CVS earlier and it seems like a few MSVC++ 6 project files have been created. I writing this post because i feel a bit left out in the dark. How close are we too having the Blender sources ready to compile from the box. I dont want to sound like im moaning im just wondering if anyone could put a time scale on things.

Will it be possible to download a .tgz file or .zip file that once unzipped will just have one makefile for MSVC++ so that all that someone has to do it download and compile it, without the hastle of fiddling. (Although I admit, that to some people that is all the fun)

Idea I think that there should be a progress report on the site somewhere so that us simpletons can see whats going on.

No disrespect meant to Ton or all the other coders who are doing a great a job. Just arnt telling us what they have done.

L!13

ton

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:03 pm
Your request makes perfect sense... main delay in doing all of this is the current move to a new provider (again!). We host blender.org at a temporal server now, which limits our freedom to work on it a bit.

Check the first article at the front page to read more...

Jump to: