Noob rendering issue.

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Fiddlit

Noob rendering issue.

Postby Fiddlit » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi, Sorry but I'm new to Blender and 3D sculpting in general and I'm working my way through the gingerbread man tutorial.

For some reason Blender is running terrible after being silky smooth the first time I started the tutorial. I actually finished the tutorial with a full render of the gingerbread man but went back for a refrsh course after quiting for a couple of weeks.
It's so bad now infact, that rendering the basic start-up cube looks like it's taxing my CPU and right now core 3 is at 100% trying to render the gingerbread man and he's not even finished yet. It's clear it's going to take all night.

CPU is an i720, 6GB RAM and I have a GTX590 beast of a graphics card. What's going on? I uninstalled Blender but it's behaving the same again. Have I accidently hit a monster setting somewhere and the preferences saved even though I uninstalled?

Fiddlit

Postby Fiddlit » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:37 pm

It just finished rendering as I posted the message. So that's about 20 minutes for a basic smooth faceless gingerbread man with 1 light and a floor.
I might add even when editing the gingerbread man in wireframe mode scrolling around him is very low fps.

Return to “Rendering”