Help flipping Gus...

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

thesun

Help flipping Gus...

Postby thesun » Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:16 pm

Howdy. I'm a newbie and am sure there's an easy answer to this. I'm trying to follow along the "Your first Render in 30 minutes" from the user documentation web page. One, some of the icons are different so I'm assuming the new version is slightly changed?

Anyway, I've got v2.31 and I can get the first half of Gus' body made (arms and legs extrude fine) but when I try to do the step which duplicates it and makes a mirror image, it just doesn't work. It duplicates, but it won't mirror. I can separate the new half and move it around the screen, but I can't get it to flip.

Also, when I build Gus by hand (making the 2 halves separately and piecing them together) then I can't get rid of the line in the middle of his body. The smoothing doesn't work.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:-)

And does anyone know how to switch between Blender and an X window? Can Blender run _in_ a window? Is there a command that can do this?

Thanks again!

slikdigit

Postby slikdigit » Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:22 pm

mirror in 2.3+ is different it's s x 1 - (not numpad ) as opposed to s x .
blender -w starts blender in a window, alt-tab works for those window managers that support it, consult your wm docs.
Oh, and this kind of question belongs in the appropriate forums on elysiun (www.elysiun.com) - a user website as opposed to blender.org, which is devoted to discussions about the development of blender.

thesun

thank you!

Postby thesun » Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:15 pm

Thanks so much for the quick reply and for the pointer to the appropriate forum. I'll go there for future questions. Many thanks!!

(Is there a newer version of the documentation that I should use to make Gus in v2.31? Or do I have to wait a while?)

Return to “Interface & Tools”