Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Getting really tired of this

Wolfy

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:43 pm
So I've gotten blender a long time ago, use it then dont then use it again. But without fail every single time, its like how you do things with blender changes so much that my info is 0% useful.
I cant even watch the Beginner tutoruals now because the way they get to stuff is not the way I have to. I understand changing and what not but it is just unreal with how much. I want to learn but cant because every vid, text or even person who trys to teach you has to do ti a different way then I have to. For example, was watching a Vid on adding a sphere to a cube while in edit mode, he goes on the left side panel and clicks on buttons, ITS NOT THERE FOER ME.

Then I have to spend a few hours or so looking for it in my blender if its even called that, or even there (Iím convinced half of these are not even on mine. It's a great program but it chnages to much for me to learn form it becuse evrey time its called something else "Bevel" or what ever its called chnages, this is now not on the left side with the others etc

would be nice if you had a starter pack or something that DID NOT chnage so much.

Tehrasha

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:27 am
If you are following a tutorial word-for-word, you should be using the same version of Blender that the tutorial uses. Or, you should limit your search for tutorials to the version you wish to run.

Once you become familiar with how Blender works, changes in the GUI are far easier to take.

Wolfy

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:32 am
Is there a way to know what version? most of the time you cant make out what version they are using, and they are all so spaced out

is there a fittle for version some where I'm missing?
or will I have to download a new\old verison evre time I want to learn a new thing?

Tehrasha

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:12 am
Usually you would include the version number in your search, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6. The more popular tutorial authors often release new versions if changes in Blender affect their previous tutorial.

There are only a few places where -major- changes have occurred.

2.4x is nothing like 2.5x at all. The entire interface changed.

Early 2.5x versions went through a lot of GUI changes as the new interface was ironed out. Many tutorials for those are labeled 2.5alpha or similar.

2.57 thru 2.62 are almost identical, with only minor changes to the GUI.

2.63 and above now use the BMesh system which has some minor changes to the interface.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Tutorials/Resources/External_links

All versions of Blender going back into antiquity are located here...

http://download.blender.org/release/

CoDEmanX

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:13 pm

Jump to: