Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

ThatOneGuyTOG

Selective lighting

Postby ThatOneGuyTOG » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:57 am

How do I make it so that certain lamp(s) only effect one object in a scene

simtron

Postby simtron » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:40 pm

In your question, you may have to replace objects by materials.In blender, you can lit up specific materials.
Procedure:

> Add material to your object.
> In that material scroll down to find a menu tab by name "options"
> Here you will find an empty field by the name light group.
> What ever light group you specify here will only affect the shading of the objects with this material.
> If you turn on exclusive check box below it, it limits the functionality of light group to only that material carrying objects.

> If you are wondering how to make light groups, select one or more lights in the scene and press ctrl+G (Create group option).This will create a light group.
> Unless you have pre-created a light group, you cant use it in the options menu for exclusive lighting.

Bizla

Postby Bizla » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:19 pm

simtron wrote:In your question, you may have to replace objects by materials.In blender, you can lit up specific materials.
Procedure:

> Add material to your object.
> In that material scroll down to find a menu tab by name "options"
> Here you will find an empty field by the name light group.
> What ever light group you specify here will only affect the shading of the objects with this material.
> If you turn on exclusive check box below it, it limits the functionality of light group to only that material carrying objects.

> If you are wondering how to make light groups, select one or more lights in the scene and press ctrl+G (Create group option).This will create a light group.
> Unless you have pre-created a light group, you cant use it in the options menu for exclusive lighting.

I'm not the Original poster, But I would like to thank you for this, I had looked everywhere and couldn't figure out a way to do this :)

Return to “Rendering”