Realistic Rendering

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Realistic Rendering

Postby ThomasE » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:21 pm

In a little while I'm going to work on new university project. As a part of this project it is needed to test several options of positioning different light sources in a small room. Because I already worked with blender a few years ago, I had the idea to simulate different alternatives with blender. However, I don't know much about blender and when I searched the web on this topic I only found lots of photorealisitc renders that look very realisitc but are not intended to be realistic.
So my question is: Is it possible to use blender as a kind of simulation software for different light alternatives? That would mean:

• there is a possibility to transform the data from the illuminant's data sheet into a light source in blender
  • the reflexion an diffusion of the materials used in the room are needed (measure them or get them out of tables) and have to be transformed into the properties blender uses to describe materials

I think that these two points - and the accurateness of their implementation - are responsible for the quality of the output.
It would be great if you could let me have your thoughts on this or give me some advice where I can get information on this topic. Maybe you even know some similar projects?

Thanks in advance!

Postby psullie » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:43 pm

You might get some good results with Blender and LuxRender

Return to “Rendering”