Where am I going wrong here in animating 3D mathematics

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

nerak99

Where am I going wrong here in animating 3D mathematics

Postby nerak99 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:42 am

I have got my head around generating 3D object using the mathematical mesh tool <shift A mesh>Extra objects>Math Function>

I want to animate the plotting process for a 3D function

I can increment a parameter (u) to generate the plots at various points and so I have been going through the process of

1 Create Frame with object in it
2 Make it a key frame
3 Go to 10 frames on
4 create another object with my parameter incremented (I think this is my problem)
5 Go back to 1

I think the issue is that I am making lots of objects instead of animating just one.

Can anyone point me to a method of approaching this? Perhaps a similar tutorial?

norvman

Postby norvman » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:49 am

Seems I saw a Video tutorial on YouTube some time ago that used Particals to do something simular... I can't seem to find it right off but I know it was Blender 2.5 or so...

Also you might try BlenderDiplom has lots of good Modifier tutorials...

Also post this quesiton to Blender Artist.org as there seems to be a more active community over there... if you don't get any more responses here...

stiv

Postby stiv » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:57 pm

Also post this quesiton to Blender Artist.org as there seems to be a more active community over there.

The blenderartists.org forums are *the* place to ask questions about using Blender. You are in the developer forums here.

I think the issue is that I am making lots of objects instead of animating just one.

Indeed. Why not take a subdivided plane and move the vertices to change the shape? Or am I missing something?

Return to “Animation”