Playblast Animation / how to set up the player?

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Pomb

Playblast Animation / how to set up the player?

Postby Pomb » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:29 pm

Hey Everyone, new here.
I've been animating professionally for just over a year in Maya and XSI. Started learning blender a few weeks ago and one of the problems I'm running into is playblasting / capturing temp animations. I've resorted to bad quality renders that I pull into the video sequence player, but I'd really much rather do quick viewport captures or playblasts like in Maya and XSI. I've tried changing the player to the blender player, fcheck, and quicktime all yielding errors along these lines:
[Errno 13] Permission denied
Could't run external animation player with command '/Applications/blender-2.63a-release-OSX_10.5_i386/blenderplayer.app /Users/p/Documents/blenderRender/block_0001.png'

In another thread someone had suggested pushing alt f12, that seems like it's making a playblast, but after running the length of the timeline range it stops on the last frame and I can't find how to play it back.

So the question: Playblasting animation in blender, and or how to set up the blender player on OSX?

Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance.
-P

KONANDRIAS

Re: Playblast Animation / how to set up the player?

Postby KONANDRIAS » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:26 pm

Quite late answer but you can render opengl (it is an option on top) and then hit the play buton next to it. It is a very simple quick render in order to check if your animation works. Actually the same as in maya. This will play your animation in loop in another window.

Hope that helps

Pomb

Postby Pomb » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:09 pm

After searching longer I found a topic where someone had said Ctrl click the openGL render in the view you want to capture and voila.
Thanks for the reply anyway, maybe it can serve to help others now.

Return to “Animation”