Developing for the Android touch screen and accelerometer?

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Delysid25

Developing for the Android touch screen and accelerometer?

Postby Delysid25 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:45 pm

Greetings all,

I'm in the process of developing a game intended for Android, and perhaps later, Apple touch devices as well.

I've been trying to look all around for information on how to develop for Android using BGE and it's been quite a bit of time minecrafting the tubes, yielding very little. Hopefully, I can get useful support in abouts the blender community here.

Is it possible/ how to prepare screen surface real estate in BGE to react to touch on the Andriod/iPhone pad? In other words, How do you utilize touch screen controls with the BGE?

I also want to utilize the devices' accelerometer for control input. How/What/Can this be done in BGE?

Also still, trying to figure out how/what exactly you need to do to build the APK executable and actually get it on the device.

Is there any other major roadblocks that anyone can tell me that stand in the way of porting a BGE game to the Android that would cause me to rethink using Blender for production and go with something else more commersh like *cough* Unity?

I really want Blender to be able to handle this, it would mean so much to Blender Dev, the community, and of course myself.

Thanks so much for news, good or bad.

capheen

Postby capheen » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:10 pm

You could try the Python Multi-Touch library, PyMT

not sure about the accelerometer.

If your ultimate goal is to produce a game, look into unity3d.

Delysid25

Postby Delysid25 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:11 pm

Thanks capheen,
I've unfortunately have come to that conclusion. Blender is just a tad bit behind for fully supporting Android dev.

stiv

Postby stiv » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:59 pm

Funny you should mention it, but there is an android port project going on now as part of Google Summer of Code.

jehzhouse

Blender GE on Android - Touch Input

Postby jehzhouse » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:26 am

Hi everyone in Blender world. Just thought I would show off what I have found out while trying to make a touch screen 3D Pool Game. I will upload a Demo file witch is still a major work in progress but all the basics have been set-up.
   I would like people to Test/ Rebuild/ or just to let me know the best way about building games for android. This is my first Android Game attempt I’m no good at Java so I would like to further this technology for the blender users out there.
  The easiest way to have touch input is by using Mouse Over + Left Click Sensors Linked to message sensors for the input control, I have not seen this to be used for any Touch Games within Blender.

I hope this give some ideas to others to build more basic (or even complicated) games for android

Thanks All will be waiting to see what you guys think.  Any questions, Please post here so the info does not waffle off.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1d642P ... VaUHc/edit
Sonical Studios

Return to “Interactive 3d”