Alpha texture in Blender Game

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

MirekDusinojc

Alpha texture in Blender Game

Postby MirekDusinojc » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:05 pm

Hi there, I've started to learn with Blender few day ago and now I'm trying to figure how to display texture with invisible parts in real-time blender view. I working also with Maya where this could be made very easy. But when I've worked in Blender, I had to set up lots of options and still don't get the whole process. Due to this tutorial: http://www.katsbits.com/tutorials/blend ... arency.php I've set up all options, but it doesn't work. I still can't see my object in real-time with transparent details. I can see it when I render it, but in Blender Game there are still black places instead of transparent. I'm using black & white alpha picture instead of picture with native transparency (like png). Actually I'm making an object to game, that's why I need to see everything in real-time. I'm using Blender 2.60. If anyone could help me, I'll be glad.

MirekDusinojc

Postby MirekDusinojc » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:21 pm

I just figure, that when I use png file with native alpha channel, it works well. But for example if I want more layer as in Maya, how can I do that?

BTW: There isn't edit button or am I blind?

Return to “Interface & Tools”