Rendering Animation through Command Line(Linux)

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

aaguilar

Rendering Animation through Command Line(Linux)

Postby aaguilar » Tue May 14, 2013 9:00 pm

Hello All,

I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem I am experiencing when rendering an animation through the command line. I do not know if this is the correct place to ask this question, but this is the most suitable place I could find. I apologize in advance if I should have posted it in a different location.

So the problem I am experiencing is that for some reason when I render the animation through the Blender GUI, I do not experience any problems. However, I get a segmentation fault when I use the following command:

blender -b Cosmic_Egg_BBs_02.blend -o cebb_ -s 300 -e 305 -a

The error I get is the following:

Writing: /pscratch/aaguilar/BLENDER/TEST/Cosmic_Egg_BBs_02.crash.txt
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I really do not know what the problem might be since everything works fine when rendering through the GUI. Also, sometimes a couple of frames will render and other times it will give the segmentation fault before the 1st frame is rendered. I would really appreciate it if someone could help with this issue or direct to the correct place where I can get assistance if this is not the correct place to ask for help.

Thanks,
Antelmo

aaguilar

Postby aaguilar » Wed May 15, 2013 5:44 pm

Hello All,

I just wanted to inform everyone that it might be a bug with the Linux version of Blender 2.66a and onwards. I rendered the same blender file with Blender 2.65a and it was able to render without an issue using the command line. Versions 2.66a and 2.67 both give me a segmentation fault. Is there a location where I can report this to the developers? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Antelmo

Return to “Animation”