lava flow

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

klebeen

lava flow

Postby klebeen » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:27 am

hi everyone. I'm new to blender and i'm making a lava simulator using blender but i'm having trouble making a flowing lava using fluid particles. please help. for my thesis.

Jedijds

Postby Jedijds » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:46 pm

What are you having trouble doing?
Are you using the particle simulator or fluid simulator?
۞◄█°‖‖‖‖‖█ʭʭ╬(░▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

klebeen

Postby klebeen » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:26 am

particle simulator, im making a software that can simulate lava flow, is it possible in blender render?

Jedijds

Postby Jedijds » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:56 am

Oh boy, software, that’s a bit over my head lol, sorry, :cry: Im sure it can be done, have you tried in the python or interactive 3d folder? They deal more with software and creating simulators, sorry I couldn’t help, I’m good with the fluid simulator. Although if you’re trying to make a lava flow once or twice then they can be done quite well in fluid simulator.

klebeen

Postby klebeen » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:31 am

awts. i tried it once in blender game, but there are a lot of errors in particle addons. im making a free flowing lava flow, and i want to set the viscosity and speed of the lava based on the input of the user, do you really think fluid simulator is better than particle simulator?

Jedijds

Postby Jedijds » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:59 pm

Well I did create a pretty good imitation of lava with the fluid simulator you just need to get the settings right. Just to put it in my way of thinking, lava is more of a fluid then it is thousands of individual particles. Try looking up blender tutorials on YouTube. 

Here is one on lava lamps maybe you could use this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 41mVXG3KzQ

did that help any? Is that what you were wanting to do?
If not then poke around in “blender ( what ever) tutorals” and see what all comes up.

klebeen

Postby klebeen » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:11 am

oh i'll take a look at it. im confused about the fluid properties in blender particles, which property should i adjust if i want to change the thickness and the speed of the lava?

Return to “Animation”