How do i install new import plugins in blender 2.65a win7?

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

flashburn

How do i install new import plugins in blender 2.65a win7?

Postby flashburn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:56 am

Hey, guys.

So i'm new to blender, and i got an import plugin for .p3d\mlod models. I want to use it, but i'm not sure how :/ I've scoured the internet for quite some time trying to figure this out, to no avail. I've tried going to ">C:\users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts" and putting it there, adding an "addons" folder there and putting it in that, nothing I've tried has worked. So now i'm posting here, hoping someone can help me.

I'm using blender 2.65a on windows 7 32-bit, if that helps. After each change i made, i restarted the program to test it. But the import option wasn't there. I just hope someone can tell me what I've been doing wrong. Lol. Thanks for any information you guys can give me, and i hope to hear back soon.

Thanks.

Tehrasha

Postby Tehrasha » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:58 am

I will assume you mean the addons found here...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.p ... rt-plugins

I downloaded the .zip files, then in Blender went...

File > User Preferences > Addon Tab > Install Addon button > selected the export .zip file > 'Import Addon button > checkbox 'F*cking P3D (MLOD)'

repeated the above for the import .zip as well then Save As Default.

Easy enough...
Spacemice Wiki -- Input devices for a 3D world.
Spacemice / Blender Compatibility

flashburn

Postby flashburn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:41 pm

Okay, i'm not exactly sure what to do here. I opened blender, hit "File" and there's no "user preferences" button :/ Am i supposed to type this into python, or use a different application? I'm sorry, like i said, i'm very new to using blender and just learning.

CoDEmanX

Postby CoDEmanX » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:19 pm

I'm sitting, waiting, wishing, building Blender in superstition...

flashburn

Postby flashburn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:29 pm

Okay, just by looking at it i can see that I've grabbed the wrong version of blender :/ i'll go download the latest version and uninstall my old one. Sorry for inconveniencing you guys with my ignorance :C

flashburn

Postby flashburn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:49 pm

Okay, so i got the right version of blender, added the plugin, go to import, hit the correct option, go to desktop, select my file, it switches my back to user view, aaaand i have nothing...No object -_- What did i do wrong now? D:

CoDEmanX

Postby CoDEmanX » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:07 pm

flashburn wrote:Image

Lol, that's the ancient 2.4x

maybe your model is bad or format/version is unsupported
I'm sitting, waiting, wishing, building Blender in superstition...

flashburn

Postby flashburn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:14 pm

CoDEmanX wrote:Lol, that's the ancient 2.4x

maybe your model is bad or format/version is unsupported

I got the new version and got the plugin enabled, the one you posted at the top of the thread was the one i had.

When importing: I go to "File\Import" select the p3d importer, it opens a tab to select a model. I go to my desktop and double click "model.p3d" and it beings me back to modeling view. But my model isn't there, I've tried exporting it from gmax again and it doesn't do anything :/ Is there something wrong with the version that gmax exports it in?

Return to “Interface & Tools”